The Judicial Work Shadowing Scheme gives any qualified solicitor, solicitor-advocate or advocate the opportunity to apply to spend up to 3 days observing the work of a judicial office holder. The purpose of this scheme is to encourage legal practitioners to consider applying for judicial office.
The scheme will provide a suitable environment for legal professionals interested in applying for a judicial office to:
- share issues which they perceive as inhibiting an application (e.g. concerns about a work/life balance or self-confidence)
- receive confidential advice, support and guidance from a mentor judge
- learn more about the judiciary
- establish the skills & experiences required to support an application
- identify areas where further development & experience are required and consider how best to achieve this.
To apply for a placement, please read the Scheme Guidance below and send a completed application form to the email@example.com
Alternatively post it to:
Strategy & Governance
Judicial Office for Scotland