RULES & PROCEDURES
Certain rules made by the professional bodies have no effect until they are approved by the Lord President. The Lord President will take into account all the relevant information before approving a rule.
- rules drafted by the Council of the Law Society of Scotland in relation to the admission, practice and conduct of solicitors
- rules drafted by the Council of the Law Society of Scotland in relation to a number of people registered with the Council who carry out legal services including notaries public and those working in conveyancing and executry
- rules relative to the hearing and determination of complaints before the Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal
- appointment and termination of members of the Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal
- conferral of rights of audience (rights to appear and act in courts) under the Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1990
- professional indemnity insurance
- regulatory rules of the Faculty of Advocates.